I decided the other day to do hair chalking on myself. I love doing crazy things to my hair but I didn't want it to be too permanent because of my job. I bought my box of soft pastels at walmart for $6. I was sad they didn't have any purples or pinks in the box. Now it's important that you use soft pastels and NOT oil pastels for reasons I hope people understand! Ok so the steps I used.
1. Get your hair ready. I just washed my hair and let it air dry so it wasn't super wet.
2. Choose the colors you want to use. I used dark blue, dark green and a light Tiffany blue color.
3. Put on a shirt you don't mind getting chalk dust all over.
4. Take a section of whatever size you'd like, I did smaller sections. Pick one color to work with. Rub the section with the chalk, twisting the hair as you apply the chalk. You can go up as high as you want. Work all the way around your hair in each of the colors.
5. Let the hair finish drying.
6. Last but not least. Plug in a curling iron or flat iron and style your hair. I opted for curling because I like my hair curly. This is very important to set the chalk in your hair.
7. Have fun rocking your new cute do!
Sidenote: they say to not apply the chalk on wet hair if you are a blonde. I did it anyways so we'll see how long the colors stay in.
If you can tell I'm kinda on a menswear for women kick like this, vests, ties, slacks... you name it I love it!
Textured and colored tights are also a new favorite item of mine to wear. Its finally starting to feel like fall so I can bust out my fun tights!
and finally last but not least, blazers! I need to amp up my closet with more blazers. I have a few, but need some more. They go great over dresses, with slacks and skirts. A little extra warmth for when the office gets cold! Pretty sure I need every one of these in this picture!
SOrry for the lack of posts. Had teeth pulled on Monday and not been up to posting. Heres an outfit I wore to work on Wednesday. Thrusday was all cleaning and not much to post about!
When? October 3rd, 2012
Where? Work and errands
Black skirt: F21
White cami: Target
Mustard Cardigan: F21
Belt: came with cardigan
Scarf: F21( two years ago)
Makeup was not that amazing due to lack of energy! Ill be posting todays outfit tomorrow! Going to be playing catch up. So excited though about my glasses from BonLook! They are finally in Spokane, yet to be delivered to my house but Im crossing my fingers for tomorrow!